Andover, MA (October 14, 2010) – Casa Systems, Inc., the leader in next generation cable edge technology, announces the availability of the third generation CMTS platform C10G. This 12RU, chassis-based system features a carrier-grade platform with the industry’s unprecedented density and exceptional RF performance, allowing cable operators for the first time to cost-effectively combine high bandwidth services onto a single dense edge CMTS platform.
As the industry’s only vendor with the full DOCSIS 3.0 and PacketCable 1.5 Qualification, Casa Systems extends its leadership and technology innovation in CMTS implementation by the introduction of the C10G CMTS platform with the focus of product reliability, scalability, performance, and operational simplicity.
Jerry Guo, Founder and CEO of Casa Systems, said, “The Casa C10G platform not only features a highly scalable edge platform, but also offers full system redundancy including switch module redundancy, integrated RF redundancy, and software resiliency. The introduction of the C10G platform offers revolutionary DOCSIS bandwidth capacity at the industry’s lowest cost per-bit of DOCSIS bandwidth. The Casa C10G provides an unprecedented opportunity for cable operators to cost-effectively provision high-bandwidth IP services such as IPTV, video-over-IP, interactive gaming, as well as traditional broadband access and VoIP services“.
The Casa C10G features:
· High Density /Low Power – offering ultra-high density with a 64 channel upstream module and a 64 channel downstream module with low power per channel consumption. A C10G chassis supports up to 384DSx384US.
· Flexible Downstream to Upstream Ratio – unlike the traditional CMTS with fixed downstream to upstream ratio, the C10G has separate downstream and upstream modules. This flexibility allows the cable operators to cost effectively handle asymmetric traffic by adding downstream channels and upstream channels independently.
· DOCSIS 3.0 Compliant – channel bonding of up to 16 downstream and 16 upstream channels, AES encryption, IPDR, IPv6.
· Carrier Class Reliability – High Availability design implementation featuring full system redundancy support.
· Rich Operational Features – including dynamic load balancing, BPI + Enforce, IPTV, business service support with DOCSIS L2VPN, etc.
· Intelligent upstream power management – maximize upstream bandwidth potential and enable low receiving power from devices like set top boxes at the same time.
About Casa Systems
Casa Systems is a privately held company in Andover, MA. Casa Systems offers a new category of network edge devices based on disruptive technologies to target the growing market opportunity in interactive digital video and broadband IP services. Casa Systems provides third-generation DOCSIS CMTS products as well as universal EdgeQAM and intelligent video processing solutions for broadcast and unicast services. Further information about Casa Systems can be found at www.casa-systems.com